World Rose Day 2020: It is celebrated on 22 September to spread awareness about cancer which starts when cells grow out of control and crowd out normal cells. Therefore, the day is also observed to make aware cancer patients that they can face the disease with strong willpower and spirit. On this day, hand-made roses, cards, and gifts are offered to cancer patients.
World Rose Day: History
The day is observed in the memory of a 12-year old girl Melinda Rose. She was from Canada and was diagnosed with Askin’s Tumour which is a rare form of blood cancer. After the diagnosis, the doctors had given her just weeks but due to her willpower and never giving hope of defeating cancer, she went on to live for six months.
Being 12 years old she, set an example. In the remaining six months of her life, she made each day meaningful, touched the lives of several people in a positive and unforgettable way. She also wrote verses, little notes, and e-mails to cancer patients and gave hope.
World Rose Day is also dedicated to various cancer patients who fought the disease bravely and provide hope. Therefore, it is important to take time out and spend with cancer patients. Rose is a symbol of love, tenderness, and care.
On World Rose Day, Rose flower is given to cancer patients to tell them that we care for them.
It can start in any place in the body. It starts when cells grow out of control and crowd out normal cells and make it difficult for the body to work the way it should. For various people, cancer can be treated very well. It has been seen that several people than ever before lead full lives after cancer treatment.
Let us tell you that cancer is not just one disease. There are various types of cancer. It can start in the lungs, the breast, the colon, or even in the blood. In some ways, cancer is alike but they are different in the ways they grow and spread.
World Rose Day: Quotes
1. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.” – Steve Jobs
2. “The wish for healing has always been half of health.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
3. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
4. “Cancer changes your life, often for the better. You learn what’s important, you learn to prioritize, and you learn not to waste your time. You tell people you love them.” – Joel Siegel
5. “The only way to make sense of change is to plunge into it. flow with it . . .and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
World Rose Day: Messages and Wishes
1. Cancer may have started the fight but you are the one who has to finish it. On the eve of Rose Day, I hope you come out as triumphant.
2. Cancer is nothing short of a long marathon, sometimes you will need nourishment but in the end, you have to go on and finish the race. I hope you have a great Rose Day.
3. The motto is simple; never back down from a fight. On this Rose Day, best wishes to all the fighters and survivors of this world.
4. Smiling is the best way to let everyone know you are getting stronger than the previous day. Wish you a heartfelt Rose Day.
5. In these challenging times, you can be somebody’s hope and inspiration to live freely and happily. Wishing all the somebody a very blessed Rose Day.