It is observed on 26 August to commemorate the Nineteenth Amendment adopted in the United States in 1920.
On this day in 1920, the Nineteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution was adopted that provides women the right to vote. This act stopped the federal government and states from preventing people from the right to vote based on their sex. The day also celebrates the achievements of women’s rights activists and reminds us of the daily struggles that women face.
Women’s Equality Day: Quotes
1. “I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved.” – B. R. Ambedkar
2. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
3. “Feminism is not about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It is about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” – GD Anderson
4. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeny
5. “I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles any very different from my own.” – Audre Lorde
6. “Human rights are women’s rights, and women’s rights are human rights.” – Hillary Clinton
Wishes and Messages
1. If you limit a woman, then you are not a human. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
2. Rise above the norms of society and educate those who still think that women are inferior to men. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
3. Only a woman can understand another woman. Let the sisterhood blossom, Ladies! Happy Women’s Equality Day!
4. If you can fly up to the sky, I can go even high. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
5. We can get what we want, we don’t need anybody’s grant. Happy Women’s Equality Day!
6. A beautiful woman draws strength from troubles, smiles during distress, and grows stronger with prayers & hope. You are one of them. Wishing you a very Happy Women’s Equality Day!