- Maximum number of electrons accommodated in M Shell ?
8, 18, 32, 50
2. What is the shape of P sub-shell ?
Circle, dumb-bell, square, shapless
3. Which sub-shell is common for all shells ?
p, d, s, f
4. Maximum number of electrons contained in d sub-shell ?
(10, 20, 12, 24)
5. Comparing 4s and 3d sub-shells, which sub-shell having more energy ?
6. Founder of Modern periodic table ?
(Mendaliyef, Mosley, Lother Mayer, Newlands)
Ans : Mosley
7. How many “d “sub-shells are there in an atom ?
(1, 3, 5, 14)
Ans : 5
8. Select the correct characteristics of d-block element from the following ?
Shows different oxidation numbers
Found non-metals in d-block elements
Usually very small elements
Forms coloured compounds
Ans : Shows different oxidation numbers, Forms coloured compounds