- Which is the highest peak in India? 1
- a) Mount Everest b) Godwin Austin
- c) Kanchanjunga d) Nandadevi
- Which was the last mass movement conducted by Indian National Congress under the leadership of Gandhiji ? 1
- a) Champaran Satyagraha
- b) The Quit India movement
- c) Non Cooperation movement
- d) Bardoli Satyagraha
- Tamil Nadu coast receives comparatively heavy rain during North-east monsoon. Why? What is the other name by which North east monsoon is known? (2)
- Name any two institutions with their aims to promote cultural activities in India and abroad? (2)
- Which are the factors that caused Quit India Movement? (2)
- Find out the suzerainties of French from the following. (2)
Goa Pondicherry Daman
- Which degree of longitude is considered as the Standard Meridian of India? Why is this longitude considered as the standard meridian of India? (2)
- What is meant by Human Resource Development ? (2)
- Explain the parallelism of the earth’s axis. (2)
- Which are the different types of public debt? Write the difference of these debt?
- Godwin Austin
- The Quit India movement
- North east monsoon absorbs moisture from the Bay of Bengal and causes rainfall along the Tamil Nadu coast. Tulavarsham or retreating monsoon.
- Sangit Natak Akademi – promotion of drama and music
National Book Trust of India-To make book available cost effectively, To promote Indian books in India and abroad
- Reluctance of the British to implement constitutional reforms in India.
Public disgust with price hike and famine.
The assumption that the British would be defeated in the Second World War.
- Pondicherry Karaikkal
- 82½° eastern longitude.
This longitude passes through the middle of the country. So it is selected as the common time factor for the whole country.
- Human Resource Development is the development of man’s physical and mental abilities through education, health care and training.
- • The axis of the earth is tilted at an angle of 661/2o from the orbital plane.
- If measured from the vertical plane this would be 231/2o.
- The earth maintains this tilt throughout its revolution. This is known as the parallelism of the earth’s axis.
- Loans taken by the government are called Public Debts. There are two types of public debts, internal debt and external debt.
Internal debt: Internal debts are the loans availed by the government from individuals and institutions within the country.
External debt: External debts are the loans availed from foreign governments and International institutions.