Rafale fighter jets will be formally inducted into the Indian Air Force by Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on September 10, 2020 at the Ambala airbase in Haryana. French Defence Minister Florence Parly will be invited for the induction ceremony.
The Rafale induction ceremony will be held after the return of the Defence Minister from Russia. Rajnath Singh is scheduled to attend the meeting of the Defence Ministers of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation member countries from September 4 to 6, 2020.
As per sources, the Rafale aircraft induction ceremony would be held on September 10 with the Defence Minister as the Chief Guest.
• French Defence Minister Florence Parly will be sent an invite to attend the event to mark the strategic friendship between India and France.
• Five Rafale fighter jets arrived in India from France on July 29. Within 24 hours of touching down, the fighter aircraft began extensive training.
• The advanced fighter jet will be a part of the 17 Golden Arrows squadron of the Air Force.
• The fighter aircraft have been familiarising with the terrain over which they have to fly in different parts of the country. They have already flown over the Ladakh region.
• The five Rafales that have been delivered to India from France include three single-seater and two twin-seaters.