- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
What may seem beautiful to one person may not seem to another.
- Beauty is only skin deep.
A person’s character, intellect, and other inner qualities are more important than his/ her physical beauty.
- Beggars can’t be choosers.
People who depend on the generosity of others can’t pick & choose things as per their liking. They’ve to accept what is given to them.
- Best things in life are free.
The most valuable things are often free.
- Better late than never.
It is better to get something (you desire) late than get it never.
- Better to be poor and healthy rather than rich and sick.
Good health is more important than money.
- Better to wear out than to rust out.
It is better to remain active than to be idle (used mainly for old people)
- Blood is thicker than water.
Relationships with family (or blood relatives) is stronger than other relationships.
- Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Cleanliness is a sign of goodness, a great virtue.
- Clothes do not make the man.
A person’s character can’t be judged by his/ her clothing and outward appearance.
To read Light Lines Daily continuously, join this group..