Assam government has launched India’s longest ropeway over Brahmaputra river on August 24, 2020. The ropeway will connect Guwahati to North Guwahati.
While making the announcement regarding the launch of the longest ropeway, the Assam government also informed that the service of ropeway will become operational from August 24, 2021.
The longest ropeway service in Assam was inaugurated by the state’s Senior Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma who termed it as one of the advanced and longest river crossing aerial systems in India.
• The ropeway which will connect Guwahati to North Guwahati will be the longest one over a river in India.
• The total length of the ropeway will be 2 km within approximately 8-9 minutes.
• A total of Rs. 56 crores have been invested in the projected by the Assam government.
• At one time around 32 passengers can get on board. The ticket fare for one way will be Rs. 60 while Rs. 100 will be charged for the to and fro commute.
• The government has also installed CCTV cameras for monitoring the ropeway service and ensuring safety.